Life has been a bit hectic this week. With big changes on the horizon (I’ll get into once we things have been finalized), travel, very bad news about a friend, and general every day tasks, it’s been hard to focus on little things that make a day or a week a little bit brighter. With that, here are a few things that brightened my week:
1. I’ve been lucky enough to have a very healthy milk supply. So lucky that I have quite a surplus of frozen milk in our deep freezer. This week I took 450 ounces from my freezer stash and donated it to the Mothers Milk Bank of Colorado. With the average newborn drinking about 25 oz/day, that will feed one baby for nearly three weeks. I’m so happy that I can help families that need/want it.
2. We paid off my car, finished our taxes and signed our wills. Yes, I am a really adult even though my head tells me I’m still 21.
3. These little people. It’s so easy to get caught up in our nightly routines. With the weather getting nicer and the days lasting a bit longer, we’re trying to enjoy just playing with the kids. Of course Anderson cannot talk yet, but he can cuddle like a champ. And my Ella, oh my Ella. Her randomly saying I love you and huge hugs melt my heart in an instant.
4. Dinner with my seventh grade walking buddy. Lisa and I go way back. Like going on 18 years back. While I was in Houston for work, I got to catch up with Lisa who now lives there with her husband Mike. Business trips are always better when you have good company.
5. This guy who has reminded me not to take myself or life too seriously. Even with the added stressed lately, he makes sure that we have a good laugh.
6. Room service after a long run on the hotel treadmill.